Originally from St. Petersburg, Russia, Alexander Korman is the renowned en plein air artist, who is able to bring the finest nuances of surrounding nature and human features alive on canvas. Korman’s love for Impressionism, combined with his rigorous training in Realism created a unique fusion, resulting in a romantic affair with en plein air painting. He earned a Master’s Degree in Fine Arts at the prestigious St. Petersburg Academy of Art and Design. While developing his own unique style, he follows in the footsteps of the great, Russian tradition of artist such as: Isaak Levitan, Konstantin Korovin and Valentin Serov. Over the past decade, Alexander has lived in Boston and painted throughout New England. He is passionate about the beauty of this area and particularly with the seascapes of the ocean. Alexander hopes that his works inspire viewers to rejoice in the present. He is a member of Boston Center for the Arts and exhibits his work in numerous shows throughout New England. His work is exhibited in museums, galleries and private collections in Russia, Poland, Spain, Israel, Canada and the United States, including exhibition in our Gallery in November 2010- February 2011.
Alexander Korman shows & collectors:
- -Russian Museum, St. Petersburg. Group show in 1956.
- -Annual Russian Artist Union exhibition “Manezh”. St. Petersburg 1972-1990.
- -Museum of Modern Art, Haifa, Israel. Solo exhibition in 1993.
- -”Chagall House”, Haifa, Israel. Solo exhibition, 1993.
- -Annual Boston Fine Art& Antique Show. Cyclorama. Boston 2000, 2005.
- -Boston City Hall, Gallery of Mayor Thomas Menino, Solo exhibition, 2008
- -From Russia With Art Gallery, Cambridge, MA. Solo exhibition in 2010-2011.
Alexander Korman paintings are in collections of:
- “Portrait of Isaac Rabin”- Prime Minister Rabin family collection
- “Walker Point, Maine”-President George H.W.Bush family collection
- “Snow”-Ross Forbes collection
- “View from EagleHead Mountain”, “Japanese Garden I”-Charles Hood collection
- History of St. Petersburg Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Museum of Military Medical Academia, Portrait gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Valparaiso Foundation, Mojacar, Spain